As 135-days since signing of the Doha agreement between the United States of America and Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan come to a close, we would like to communicate the following points:
– It is a welcome and positive step that the United States and its foreign allies have reduced the number of their forces and vacated five bases in accordance with their commitments under the agreement.
– The delay in the completion of the first condition of the agreement – the prisoner release process – in this period is very unfortunate due to it becoming a cause for the delay of intra-Afghan negotiations and comprehensive peace. There should currently have been even more prisoners released alongside the provided list.
– The issue of blacklisting of the leaders of the Islamic Emirate remaining unresolved is also a cause for concern that must be given serious consideration and practical steps taken.
– No attacks have been recorded against foreign forces by the Mujahideen of Islamic Emirate following the agreement which shows that the Islamic Emirate is committed to the contents of the agreement.
– It is unfortunate that although there is an explicit provision in the agreement that halts all types of military movements outside active combat zones, the American forces and their internal supporters over the course of these 135 days have frequently carried out bombings in non-combat zones, offensive operations by the Kabul administration forces have been supported and Kabul administration aircrafts have been flown by American pilots to carry out airstrikes against civilians, Mujahideen and public infrastructure.
In just the past ten days, the Americans and their internal supporters have repeatedly carried out drone strikes and bombings in Logar, Badghis, Maidan Wardak, Ghani, Zabul, Uruzgan, Helmand and Kandahar and carried out two raids. These all are blatant violations of the agreement and a deliberate attempt at provoking the Mujahideen towards large-scale attacks. The Islamic Emirate condemns all these attacks and demands its immediate suspension.
– Yesterday’s attack in Samangan and similar escalation of violence in other areas are a reaction to the launch of operations by the Kabul administration, ruthless attacks on civilians like in Sangin district of Helmand and the violations committed by the American forces. These cannot be classified as actions but as reactions.
– The Islamic Emirate again calls on America and related sides that the swift and complete implementation of the Doha agreement is in the interest of everyone. This opportunity must sincerity be taken advantage of, the process not obstructed nor delayed and the situation stopped from spiraling towards further mistrust, peril and problems.
The American side must not afford a very small specific circle an opportunity to muddy water and catch fish, rather the interest, views and demands of the entire nation must be respected.
Spokesman of Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan
23/11/1441 Hijri Lunar
24/04/1399 Hijri Solar 14/07/2020 Gregorian